Healthcare services have a significant impact on the quality of life. Being such an essential service, healthcare is subject to many rules and regulations. Healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals draw upon resources from various sources to provide quality services while still meeting all these regulatory requirements and maintaining a healthy bottom-line. To this end it is vital for healthcare facilities to focus on their core business and outsource those functions that are not part of their core competence.
Medical transcription is one such aspect of healthcare, which aids them in several areas and is essential for the smooth running but is not part of the core activities. Though the patient medical records created by the process of medical transcription aid in the reimbursement process but medical transcription itself is an expense head. Outsourcing medical transcription ensures that patient medical records are created in an accurate, timely, secure and cost effective manner. Not only this outsourcing medical transcription has a positive impact on the healthcare facility operations.
The positive impact of outsourcing medical transcription is as follows:
- Reducing costs: Reducing the cost per line of transcription is one of the most significant advantage of outsourcing medical transcription. As medical transcription is the core business of the medical transcription service provider, the service provider is able to pass on the benefits of the economies of scale, their experience and expertise to the healthcare facility in the form of significantly lower costs. However while outsourcing medical transcription it is important to evaluate the billing method used by the medical transcription service provider to ensure fair pricing.
- Improving efficiency: Outsourced medical transcription service providers help improve the efficiency of the healthcare facility by providing services with the following benefits:
- Enabling use of familiar modes of dictation
- Enabling automatic upload of dictation files at regular intervals
- Providing a system that enables tracking of dictation, work in progress, finished documents etc at any given time
- Providing various options for document delivery
- Configuring systems for usage of multiple users
- Adoption of EMR/ EHR using HL7 interface
- Easy to use technology.
- Reducing overheads: Outsourcing medical transcription helps the healthcare facility save significantly on overheads like rent, furniture, computers, utilities, management personnel etc that would have been deployed towards in-house medical transcription.
- Scalable solutions: Outsourcing medical transcription ensures curbing of wasted resources and capacity during slack times and extra payment for overflow transcription needs. Healthcare facilities can benefit from this by having scalable solutions according to their changing medical transcription requirements.
It can be seen that sourcing and partnering with the right medical transcription service provider can have a positive impact on the working life of healthcare professionals and the operations of healthcare facilities.
TransDyne, a leader in the outsourced medical transcription industry has used their extensive background in information technology and their experience in serving the needs of the healthcare sector to provide affordable and integrated medical transcription solutions.
TransDyne offers quality medical transcription at reasonable prices, executed by experienced and qualified medical transcriptionists with a very quick turnaround time executed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of accuracy and all this with technology that is advanced but easy to use!