The healthcare field is vibrant with relentlessly growing demands, recent developments, new inventions and latest discoveries. It is also an industry that has to perform controlled by numerous timelines and stringent code of ethics. The relentless endeavor of most health facilities is to maintain high parameters of service, trying to keep the revenues in the black, all this while performing within a rigorous code of ethics.
The exercise of healthcare is based on multiple ingredients to be proficient at deliver quality health management. One of the essential components leading to the successful provision of superb medical care is information from patient records. Healthcare transcription is the undertaking of transcribing patient records from the audio files of the healthcare professional’s narration of his/her meeting with the patient. Correct and prompt formation of patient transcripts is not only crucial for excellent healthcare, but also important for coding and billing and as substantiation in case of litigation.
Contracting out medical transcription makes certain that the healthcare practice offers complete and cost-effective services for its documentation needs.
How does outsourcing healthcare transcription deliver all-inclusive solutions?
Contracting out medical transcription delivers complete services for documenting patient-healthcare professional encounters, including:
- Accuracy: Sub contracting voice transcription makes certain that the patient records are produced with highest quality possible. Employing of medical transcriptionists trained to be domain experts and stringent accuracy verifications comprising several stages comprising transcriptionists, proof readers, unit-in charges and the correctness check team makes sure that more than one set of trained “ears” listen to the audio files and try to encapsulate the utmost details possible.
- Delivery time: Separate from the accuracy of data in patient records, it is also vital that the information is open to the healthcare professionals on time. Outsourcing healthcare transcription makes certain that delivery time commitments are adhered to by using the correct manpower, optimum processes and the optimum information technology.
- Specific branch of medicine transcription: Transcriptionists trained to be specialists in one or two several areas of medicine ensure that as recent specialties are added to the healthcare facility, there are qualified manpower open to deliver accurate and prompt transcription.
- Weekend and Holiday transcription: Outsourcing voice transcription offers makes certain that the service is available to the healthcare practices round the clock, including holiday and weekend transcription demands.
- Managing with varying amounts of transcription demands: It is unfeasible to predict the inflow of patients. And voice transcription needs are contingent on the inflow of patients. Therefore it is impossible to anticipate the healthcare transcription requirements. Contracting out ensures that health facilities can rest easy on coping with differing volumes of transcription.
- Formats/Templates: Health professionals mandate patient reports in exact formats or templates. Sub contracting medical transcription makes certain that the specifications mandated by the healthcare professionals is taken into consideration.
- Archive: Most healthcare facilities support staff and sometimes, physicians expend an enormous amount of time tracing records. Sub contracting to an expert voice transcription service provider makes certain that they have archives making it easy to locate and retrieve reports.
- Preferred methods of dictation: Most health professionals are starved of time, outsourcing healthcare transcription assists them manage their time by letting them to retain habitual methods of dictation.
- Organizing record flow: Contracting out medical transcription ensures that health professionals and support staff save on time expended on transferring audio files and downloading transcripts by having a system in place that empowers all these functions.
- Remote printing & faxing: Outsourcing healthcare transcription also makes sure that the physicians may obtain features like remote faxing and printing easing their burden.
- HL7 Interface: Outsourcing healthcare transcription also makes certain that health facilities can protect their outlay in EMR/EHR by HL7 integration.
- Security: Securing confidential patient data is one of the major concerns of healthcare facilities. Contracting out voice transcription ensures the HIPAA compliance of this information throughout the voice transcription exercise by safeguarding people, processes and infrastructure.
How is contracting out healthcare transcription cost-effective?
- Restricts cost by more than 40%: By sub contracting healthcare transcription, health facilities can save more than 40% on their existing costs.
- Lowers expenses to expenditure per line: Contracting out medical transcription also lowers the cost of transcription to the price per line and makes certain that surplus costs like overheads, utilities, administration resources, information technology expenditure are curtailed.
It can be concluded that outsourcing medical transcription offers a comprehensive and reasonably priced solution to the report creation requirements of healthcare practices.
TransDyne offers superb voice transcription at reasonable charges, executed by experienced and skilled medical transcriptionists with a very timely turnaround time performed through secure HIPAA and HITECH compliant channels, with very high levels of accuracy and all this with technology that is highly developed but effortless to utilize!