Everyone wants things to go faster and smoother and these five dictation tips will do just that. You won´t want to spend hours and hours trying to dictate a medical document just so you can get back half a page in print! So, following these dictation tips will really help you make your life easier.
- Learn about your equipment. This is a great dictation tip, read your manual before trying to record. Everything will go a lot smoother if you know what you´re doing!
- Prepare papers or documents. Doing this before you start your dictation will save a lot of time and shuffling around during the dictation session.
- Speak at the correct distance from the mic. This will help you avoid distortion and messed up sound which may cause you to have to re-record sections.
- Choose a quiet area to dictate. This is important, since a noisy area will not only be distracting for you, but can cause the transcriptionist to have difficulty making out your words.
- Listen to your own dictation. Note if you need to speak louder or softer or any other changes you can make. Do this with the first bit of dictation so you can continue properly from the beginning.
These dictation tips can really help you work faster and better. Following them will make a big difference in your dictations, though it really isn´t much to implement!