Medical transcription is the process of converting audio records of the patient-healthcare professional encounter into text format. Medical transcription plays an important role in the healthcare process in both the operational and commercial aspects, by creating permanent patient records and accelerating the process of reimbursement respectively.
Outsourcing medical transcription is probably one of the most efficient and economical fix for healthcare facilities looking for solutions for their documentation needs. The process of outsourcing, involves evaluating the service provider on the basis of criteria like accuracy, turnaround time, security and the price. Another important criterion for evaluating the service provider is to ascertain whether the service provider can provide complete solutions for the medical transcription needs of the healthcare facility.
What entails complete solutions for medical transcription?
· Medical transcription for all specialties with maximum accuracy: While outsourcing medical transcription, it is important for healthcare facilities to consider not only current needs but also future needs that may arise from future expansion. It is also important that the service provider has medical transcriptionists who are trained to be domain experts in different specialties. This ensures that whenever the healthcare facility adds on a new specialty, the service provider has medical transcriptionists trained in that specialty and is able to meet the required accuracy and turnaround time levels
· Flexible turnaround times: The turnaround time requirements for different types of reports and different specialties may vary vastly. It is important that the service provider has the requisite personnel and technology to be able to meet the turnaround time required
· No investments required: The main of objective of outsourcing medical transcription is to save on costs and reduce investments in non-health related areas. While outsourcing medical transcription it is important to source a service provider who can offer the requisite information technology support and work with the existing systems rather than requiring further investments.
· Weekend and holiday medical transcription: One vital point to be considered while outsourcing medical transcription is whether the service provider can provide transcription services on weekends and Holidays. It is also important the medical transcription service provider should be in a position to cope with varying influx of patients, as this is one factor that cannot be predicted
· Additional benefits like archiving, remote printing & faxing, HL7 interface: While outsourcing medical transcription, another factor that forms part of complete solutions, is the technological capabilities of the service provider to provide for additional features like archiving, remote printing & faxing, integration with the EMR/EHR systems etc., if required
· Security of confidential patient information: Outsourcing medical transcription requires that the service provider should be HIPAA and HITECH compliant. It is important for the service provider to protect confidential patient information at every level, by having adequate measures for technology, processes, people and infrastructure
TransDyne a leader in the outsourced medical transcription industry offers complete solutions to suit varying need of different of different kinds of healthcare facilities. TransDyne has teams of medical transcriptionists who are trained in different specialties, making them domain experts. This ensures that TransDyne can cope with medical transcription for any specialty with an accuracy level of above 99%. TransDyne offers a turnaround time of 24 hours with an option of a turnaround time of 4-12 hours for STAT files.
TransDyne has the technical capabilities to integrate with the existing systems of healthcare facilities, requiring no additional investments. TransDyne offers medical transcription for weekends and holidays, and has people and systems in place to cope up with varying volumes of transcription. TransDyne has software and tools that offer additional features like archiving, remote printing & faxing among other benefits. TransDyne ensures security of confidential patient information, by securing people processes, infrastructure and technology
To avail complete medical transcription services from TransDyne, click here.